Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hackintosh: P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU X Possible Fix

I was doing a reinstall on a system that has been solid but I kept encountering the "P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 on CPU X" error.  The motherboard is older so I knew to use a patched DSDT.  Well, after a few hours trying to figure out what in the hell was going on I was able to finally fix the issue.  The problem was that I was using the wrong patched DSDT BIOS version for my motherboard.

Silly me.

Once I used the correct patched DSDT for my BIOS version I was able to get the build working.  So if you are encountering this error just double check that you are using the correct patched DSDT for your motherboard and for your BIOS version.

If you're positive that you are using the correct patched DSDT for your motherboard and BIOS version you might want to try this SSDT Generator over at TonyMac.  I don't have any knowledge of what it does, but apparently it has helped a few people.

No comments:

Post a Comment