Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hackintosh: boot0 gibberish fix


I encountered this issue when creating my Hackintosh, boot0 gibberish that you see in the screenshot above.  This is how I fixed it:


Download and install Chameleon Wizard from here.

Update it to the latest version if prompted.

Click on the Install tab at the top.


Then based on your current setup choose the appropriate install method.  I have OS X on a standalone drive and Windows on it's own drive so my install method would be Boot0md.  They are pretty self explanatory.  Make sure the correct Target partition is selected and then click the install button.  Now once you restart you should no longer see the previous boot0 errors.

Hope this helps.

6 comments:

  1. Good afternoon I have a problem in bootloader.
    I installed maverick, got the graphics, audio, internet worked.
    when I boot from the usb flash I have to use the "dart = 0" command to enter.
    if not using flash usb error boot0

    after following this guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html) the error continued and appeared more errors.
      if someone could help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try using the Chameleon Wizard as stated in this article? What are you system specs?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I've had similar problems, but was able to get most of them sorted. For the Boot0 (or boot1) fix, follow this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmez9323CJI

    I have used the process in the video several times and it works every time.

    For the "gibberish" on your screen (similar to mine) that was displayed after installing my AMD 7950 GPU, I was able to properly boot with GraphicsEnabler=yes bootflag.

    Hope that helps!

    Dr.Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same garbled text issue as you, unfortunately this Chameleon trick left me with another error... When I boot it gives me a 'can't find mach/kernel' error message.... Any ideas how to fix that? Or how to undo whatever I did with Chameleon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try to boot using mach_kernel or -x. If you are able to get in I would try and update Chameleon.

      Delete